Now Accepting Registrations for 2013 Amateur Nights01-04-2013 09:00 am
We are now accepting registrations for our 2013 Amateur Competition.
Show have been scheduled for the following dates:
- January, 26, 2013 - West Point, Nebraska at the West Point Community Theatre
- February 9, 2013 - Norfolk, Nebraska at Divots Conference Center
- March 16, 2013 - O'Neill, Nebraska at the O'Neill Community Center
Competition Finals: Friday, June 7, 2013 - Norfolk, Nebraska at Divots Conference Center - Dinner Show (Show time: TBA)
Select a date and either email Lori Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lori at (402) 750-3516.
To secure your spot, the following MUST be emailed to Lori:
- Full Name
- Cell Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Condensed (3 sentences) Bio
Within one week, mail a $50 REFUNDABLE performance deposit payable to Great American Comedy Festival to PO Box 2435 Norfolk, NE 68702-1128. The performance deposit will be refunded to you upon appearance at the amateur competition.
Things to know:
- A maximum of 10 - 12 comedians will be accepted per show.
- Submission is on a first come first serve basis.
- Judging will be done by audience vote with the top two advancing to the final competition. Festival committee may choose up to four wild card slots so the total competitors in June will be 10 - 12. All decisions made are final.
- Routines will be timed. Routines will be 6 minutes in length. Routines must be CLEAN!!! Inappropriate content and language is NOT allowed! Props are not to be used in Routines.
- Two complimentary guest passes are available to your amateur competition. Contact Lori Williams with the names of your two guests at least 24 hours prior to the show.
Preliminary Competition Times: Check in – 7:00 pm. Draw for order – 7:15 pm. Show Time – 8:00 pm Central Standard Time.